What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is a unique and comprehensive antenatal program that will help you achieve an easier, safer, more comfortable natural birth.
The Mongan Method is taught and practiced in 46 countries across the world, and praised for the gentle, enjoyable and empowered births mothers have as a result. Some mothers report pain-free births, and although it is not something that can be guaranteed, it is entirely possible.
The HypnoBirthing® Premise
For most of their lives, women have been inundated with the negative stories of other women’s birth experiences. Everyone, from their mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends, and even strangers and TV shows, want to tell them the horrors of giving birth. They have been conditioned to believe that excruciating pain is associated with labor; and because of this, women today hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth.
This extreme fear activates their fight/flight response during labour. The stress hormones released during this response wreaks havoc on birthing hormones, causing a range of birth complications, as well as unnecessary pain. The effects of fear and stress prohibits women’s bodies from easily performing a normal physiological function. The result is exactly what they feared all along – painful birthing, complications, a scary, traumatic experience, and/or or unnecessary intervention.
If you have been searching for a way to give birth confidently and as calmly, safely, and gently as possible, then I am very confident in saying that HypnoBirthing is the answer for you. Whether you have chosen to birth in a hospital, a birthing center or at home, these techniques are exactly what you need to ensure the highest probability of a calm, relaxed birth without intervention or emergency procedures.
The HypnoBirthing® course is designed for pregnant women and their birth companions, and presented in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere, at a venue in Pretoria East (or live sessions online in special circumstances) . During five sessions of about 3 hours each, you’ll learn:
- how we came to fear something that our ancestors managed to do without fear or significant pain
- how your body is perfectly designed to give birth
- how to stay relaxed and calm throughout your pregnancy and labor
- specific breathing techniques to stay relaxed and help your body produce optimal amounts of feel-good hormones
- the possible interventions that are offered as standard procedure in most medical facilities, what their pros, cons, and alternatives are, and how to use this information to compile your birth plan (continued below).
- various options when it comes to birth caregivers and settings, with pros and cons
- how your partner can assist you during labor to help you stay in a state of relaxation
- how you can prepare your body with nutrition and exercise
- signs indicating that labor is close
- positions you can consider for labor and delivery
- possible special circumstances and how to safely navigate them
- what happens in the first hours after birth
- breastfeeding basics
- how to connect and bond with your baby before and after the birth.
HypnoBirthing® Practitioners are highly qualified birthing professionals who have distinguished themselves through education, experience, motivation, and dedication to the principles and philosophy of HypnoBirthing® and mother-directed birthing. Additionally, each must meet the requirements as set down by the Executive Board of the HypnoBirthing Institute.
Charine Els is a qualified HypnoBirthing® Practitioner, offering HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education in Pretoria. She is affiliated with the HypnoBirthing® Institute, and qualified to teach the complete HypnoBirthing® program.
Sign up for the mailing list
From time to time I will be sharing positive birth stories from the mothers who have attended my course, as well as some key insights, positive vibes, handy resources, birthing tips, and affirmations. Sign up if you could use a positive, natural birthing boost.
#BreatheBirths #HypnoBirthing #MonganMethod